Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day Three: Poletential to Twirly Girls AND Sapphires!

Ok, I have no adaptor for my charger, so I have only a few minutes to write as much as possible.

First of all, although I've only been in the Bay Area for only three days, I must admit that I'm really going to miss it, and moreover the wonderful women I've met since arriving.  Students, instructors, school owners, friends and partners, have surrounded me in so much welcoming warmth...

Poletential friends... Ellen and me... and then our whole class!

Today I taught my final class at Poletential, said a sad but spirited goodbye to all my new friends there, and literally leapt into Bel's car to race over here, to the East Bay.  Through blinding rain, mind you, and we went over the longest bridge I've ever experienced - San Mateo Bridge - I believe someone told me tonight that it's ten miles long???!!!  Quite the experience, with the wind and the rain and the powerful, rolling, storming waters of the Bay on either side as far as I could see... wow!

On to Twirly Girls we went, where I taught one class after another and met a whole other group of pole dancing women with their own enthusiasm for this art form.  There really is something for everyone in pole dancing, whether you want to take it all the way in terms of advanced moves and competing, or whether you just want a form of expression to bring some beauty into your life... I love Bel's philosophy on this and her passion is obvious in the way she's attracted so many gorgeous women to her studio.  

Performing at Twirly Girls!


Tonight we set off for Sapphires Club, for some well-deserved gourmet food (FISH... YUM!) - and then I did a show for everyone... and then we did a looong photo shoot but it's worth it cos now we've got the shots!!! Again, so much welcoming, and when I told everyone that I hope that I see them again soon, I MEANT it.  

I love the expansiveness of this country.  There's so much room for growth, space to Be, so much generosity of spirit here.

Good night for now... until tomorrow.

No comments: