Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Day Four: (San Francisco to) LA!

Ok, I was wrong.
My last post was something like five days ago and I promised the next post for the following day.  But then... LA happened; oh, and then Orange County.  The red eye flight to New York and an all-too-brief 24 hours there came next, and today... Philadelphia.  A crazy schedule but guess what, I'm keeping it!  Now, if only I could keep up with this blog!

San Mateo Bridge, San Francisco Bay... on a bad day!
 

Monday morning I awoke early at my hotel in Pleasanton (gorgeous area west of San Francisco which is also home to Google's CEO!).  There were fabulous gym facilities there (in particular, a sauna which interested me no end!) but in the end I had to choose between a decent amount of sleep and the steam room.  Sleep won. Hands down. Travelling halfway around the world and teaching non stop demands its dues!  Bel from Twirly Girls  drove me to the airport, and in wet and stormy weather we made our way back over the never-ending San Mateo Bridge to San Francisco Airport.  A sleepy & squishy plane ride later, I had landed in LA.  LA!



Home in LA for me was Hollywood, a place that goes on for many more blocks than any suburb should - talk about urban sprawl!  I found my first meal at the corner Taquería...



And then settled in to my Hollywood Hotel!  My host studio BeSpun was "just around the corner" (kind of. Anyone who knows LA knows that that meant a good 10 minute drive away.  Hollywood is MASSIVE).  What a venue BeSpun have!  It's a combined martial arts gym/ pole dancing studio - three levels of training areas plus a level of offices for sports physios etc.   The poles are mostly 18 feet high!  And the studio itself is very funky, with a huge neon X-Pole sign on the wall...





... FUN!!!

No comments: