Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Jamilla's US Tour Begins!

Hello! I finally made it to Blog-World ~ inspired by the huge trip ahead of me, which in fact I have already started, as here I am San Francisco, loving my French-influenced hotel room with its striped wallpaper, floral curtains and huge fluffy feather doona - sorry, duvet. Quilt, for everyone else.
 
My first hostess/hug/welcome was the vivacious Christina from Poletential. I'm really so spoiled - picked up from the airport, brought to my hotel...

 
and tonight driven to the nearest local "downtown" area, San Carlos, for coffee and a walk along the main street...

My (travel-weary) self and Christina from Poletential:

San Carlos - local and friendly!:

That's about as much as I wanted to do today - here we are a whopping SEVENTEEN hours BEHIND Sydney - yes, that means that I arrived here about four hours before I left! Make sense of that! I'm making the most of my free time and ignoring what I've been told about waiting until night time to sleep to combat jet lag - I was having none of that - I put my head down almost immediately and fell into a deeep sleep. Mmmmm, sleep.

Getting to this point has been a journey in itself. I run my own businesses at home - both classes and The Art of Pole DVDs - and I did all the work of putting my itinerary together - and it's a hectic one! - so life has been been overly full of late. I'm realising that of all the world's top dancers (that I'm aware of), few run it all themselves. Most work for other people, or have people who run everything for them, allowing them the freedom to tour and train and jam (and sleep, I'm sure!). The only other business owner/ top dancer that I'm aware of, a very dear friend of mine, does not tour; she stays home and focuses on her business there. At least to have ones own assistant to take care of the administrative side of things... it's well over time for me to take on some help! I LOVE touring and want to continue to make my way around the world meeting pole dancers and sharing what I know. So for now, I'm taking this one step at time: yes, I'm excited at the thought of all the women I'm about to meet and teach; yes, it's thrilling that I'm about to spend time with Leigh-Ann, Alethea, Fawnia, Jenyne, and maybe even Amy and Amber and other incredible and accomplished pole dancers - so inspiring! But right now, I need to rest and re-focus. My huge travel is over, and tomorrow there will be a studio full of women waiting to take on what I have to share. And the next day, and the next. And so on, for the next two weeks and a little more!

So, for now, bonne nuit, good night, night y'all... I leave you with a picture of shoes just arrived, taken on the pink sofa here. Ah, the stuff of dreams.


No comments: